Share Your Knowledge
SHRM-Atlanta is dedicated to Fostering Community, Promoting Professional Development & Leadership, Celebrating Excellence in Human Resources, and Advancing Thought Leadership. As we consider content for our professional development opportunities, our goal is to provide balanced programming that meets the variety of skill and interest levels of our community and presented by speakers of the highest quality who represent the diversity of the SHRM-Atlanta membership.
We ask that topics focus on one or more of the competencies as defined by the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™), which identifies the key behavioral competencies and technical expertise HR professionals need for effective job performance. When submitting presentations for consideration, you will be asked to indicate which SHRM BoCK™ competencies your content addresses. We also ask that you provide a compelling description of your program and at least three (3) actionable learning objectives. Learn more about SHRM Competencies (PDF).
2017 SHRM-Atlanta Symposium Submissions
We are current seeking speakers for the 2017 SHRM-Atlanta Symposium. This program, Leadership at All Levels, will feature the following focus areas based on the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™):
- Leading the Business: Leveraging HR Technology, Strategic Thinking (Critical Evaluation), Business Acumen (Project Management), Change Management
- Leading Teams: Influence without Authority, Diversity & Inclusion, Building a High-Performance Team, Conflict Management
- Leading Self: Relationship Management (Creating a Relationship Map), Ethical Practice (Personal/Professional Integrity), Effective Communication, Emotional Intelligence
- HR Boot Camp: Talent Acquisition (Recruiting), Employment Law, Employee Relations, Compensation/Total Rewards
Our programming team reviews all presentation(s), and if you are selected, you will receive:
- Valuable professional exposure and the opportunity to share your expertise and experience
- Recognition within SHRM-Atlanta’s promotional and programming materials reaching our community of over +6,100 professionals
- Recognition on SHRM-Atlanta’s website
- Valuable feedback via a copy of your evaluation scores following your speaking engagement
A Note Concerning Honoraria
SHRM-Atlanta has a tradition of offering professional development programs that encourage innovation in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of learning and networking, a purpose for which we were founded.
SHRM-Atlanta accepts submissions throughout the year for consideration. As we review and consider current HR trends, evergreen topics, and the needs of our Atlanta HR and business community, we will leverage our speaker database to search for relevant presentations. Our consideration will include content relevance, clearly defined and applicable learning objectives, alignment to the SHRM BoCK™, tangible takeaways and effective facilitation of learning. We will evaluate and consider individual speaker recommendations, applicable feedback and ratings* (if a previous speaker).
*Any presenter who receives less than an 80% overall rating on a post-event survey will not be invited back to present for a period of one (1) year at any SHRM-Atlanta professional development opportunities.
Proof of Performance
Proof of performance is strongly preferred for all speakers. SHRM-Atlanta strives to offer balanced professional development and qualified speakers. Proof of performance will strengthen but not limit your submission.
Preferred forms of proof of performance include:
- Video recordings of the proposed speaker presented to an audience
- A summary of evaluations from a program the speaker previously presented. (Please do not send a stack of individual evaluations as we are primarily interested in the overall score of the session.)
Create a Speaker Profile
To submit a presentation, you will need to create an account and profile in the Speaker Database. Once you’ve created an account, you’ll have the option of submitting more than one presentation for consideration. You may submit at any time during the year for any of our professional development opportunities including (but not limited to) Chapter Meetings, Power Breakfasts, Regional Development Communities, and our annual one and two-day conferences.
The Speaker Database is for SHRM-Atlanta use only. We are not able to share our information with any individuals or organizations.
Thank you in advance for your support of our HR community and SHRM-Atlanta! Questions? Please contact Heather Dufault.