2012 Certification Review Course
The Fall Certification Course is full and online registration is closed. Please stay tuned for the 2013 Spring Certification Review Course dates!
SHRM-Atlanta offers an expanded course with 11 nights of instruction. There is no catering provided at the course. The registration fee does include the SHRM Learning System student materials.
Course Materials: You will receive your materials and meet the instructors at the orientation night.
Course Dates: Orientation will be held August 22nd.
Class dates: August: 29 September: 5, 12, 19, 26 October: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
Dinner is not provided but feel free to bring your own.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
223 Perimeter Center Parkway | Atlanta, GA 30346
Thank you to our sponsor of the fall certification review course:
We are pleased to announce Charles Craig as the instructor for this course!
Charles Craig has over twenty years of experience in Human Resources. He holds both the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) Certifications. Charles earned his Master’s in Business Administration from Brenau University. As a SHRM Atlanta member, Charles serves as an executive board member for the Georgia Employer’s Committee and the Georgia Safety, Health, and Environmental Committee. In addition, he also serves as chairperson of his county’s local United Way campaign. He also instructs the SHRM Learning System for Gainesville State College.
Pricing: $1235 for SHRM-Atlanta members and $1335 for nonmembers (includes 12 month membership in SHRM-Atlanta)
Features of the SHRM Learning System
- Updated content based on HRCI’s new Body of Knowledge
- More than 1,600 questions allow you to test your knowledge and better prepare for the certification exam
- New case study that is interactive and focused on real-life situations faced by HR professionals. You will apply learned concepts in eight different scenarios and work through questions for each
- 100-question bonus test that mimics the HRCI certification exam so you can hone your test taking skills
1. Request examination application, qualifications and fee information from the Human Resources Certification Institute, an affiliate of SHRM National. Phone: 1-866-898-HRCI, website: www.hrci.org. Register and make payment for the exam directly to HRCI. The examination questions cover a wide range of topics. The HR field is constantly changing and demands HR professionals to stay knowledgeable of many issues. This course, the manual and sample questions in the manual are designed to only assist you in preparing for the exam. You will need to determine how much time you need to study each topic level in order to pass the exam – based on your learning style, your familiarity with the six content areas, and your practical experience in Human Resources.
2. Register and make payment for the SHRM-Atlanta Certification Review Course by August 1, 2012. Questions/information regarding the SHRM-Atlanta Review Course should be directed to: 404-442-7335 or visit our Web site at www.shrmatlanta.org. Cancellations must be received by July 20, 2012 ( $75 cancellation fee). No refunds will be granted after this date.
Eligibility Requirements for Certification Exam
To be eligible to sit for the PHR exam, registrants must have 1 year demonstrated professional HR experience and a Master's degree or higher, or 2 years demonstrated professional HR experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 4 years demonstrated professional HR experience.
To be eligible to sit for the SPHR exam, registrants must have 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher, or 5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree.
To be eligible to sit for the GPHR exam, registrants must have 2 years of demonstrated global professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher , or 3 years of demonstrated professional HR experience (with 2 of the 3 being global HR experience) with a Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience (with 2 of the 4 being global HR experience) with less than a Bachelor’s degree.
Please Note: The SHRM-Atlanta Certification Review Course does NOT include Examination fees. You must qualify, register and pay for the examination separately through HR Certification Institute (1-866-898-HRCI or www.hrci.org).
For details and information about certification, please visit www.hrci.org