Vision | Mission | Purpose
Download the SHRM-Atlanta Bylaws
SHRM-Atlanta, the Atlanta Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management, was founded in 1965 and currently enjoys a membership of over 2500+ members. While affiliated with SHRM National, the Chapter operates independently to provide a wide variety of professional development and networking opportunities for Atlanta area HR professionals. The Chapter's diverse membership represents more than 1,300 large and small organizations in the metro area, ranges in experience from entry to senior level, and varies in practice from specialist to generalist roles. Now, the Chapter celebrates over 46 years as Atlanta’s Most Active Resource for Advancing HR Professionals, proudly serving and advancing the HR profession for over four decades!
In 2013, SHRM Atlanta will develop goals and objectives around the vision of “Working for a Better Atlanta” by developing HR business leaders that in turn build better companies.
The focus in 2013 will be around the “developing HR business leaders”. SHRM Atlanta wants to turn HR Business Partners into Business Leaders.
The SHRM-Atlanta vision is to be known as a knowledge leader for moving Metro Atlanta businesses forward by leveraging the capabilities of human resource members while partnering with the business community to create a dynamic performance environment in the following ways:
- Convene influencers to position Atlanta to be a top-rated city for business. SHRM-Atlanta..Working for a Better Atlanta
- Develop the SHRM-Atlanta brand and deliver upon the SHRM-Atlanta value proposition
- Be recognized as a voice for HR in Atlanta
SHRM-Atlanta’s BOD strategic goal is to grow the skills and knowledge of HR professionals, partner in developing business leadership competencies, and lead in the development of best in class workforce and workplaces. Our desire is to support Atlanta in becoming a best-in-class city for business. SHRM-Atlanta intends to promote better HR leadership, which will lead to better business & leaders, thus resulting in a better community for business.
- Grow and retain chapter members by offering useful and interesting content for all levels of human resource professionals in a variety of locations serving metro Atlanta
- Build HR communities for the development of professional relationships and networking
- Enhance the capability and credibility of the HR profession
- Deliver excellent customer service and operate the chapter efficiently
- Support SHRM, the SHRM Foundation and the Georgia State Council, as well as promote membership, products and services
To develop the human resource professional and the awareness of human resource management best practices in the business community via Chapter initiatives on:
- developing high-performing HR professionals
- encouraging corporate cultures that welcome opportunities to implement best practices
- driving educational initiatives focused on building membership
- developing HR communities of practice
- improving skill readiness in the business community to attract and strengthen businesses in the Metro Atlanta area
The SHRM-Atlanta Value Proposition
- Offer useful, interesting HR programming in a variety of metro Atlanta locations that are rated a good value
- Deliver relevant business and HR curriculum for all levels of HR
- Offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to engage chapter members
- Provide HR expertise to other organizations and communities in metro Atlanta to build our brand and grow membership
SHRM-Atlanta's 2011 tax return