2013 HR Leadership Academy
Please note, this year's HR Leadership Academy has been cancelled. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Please check back for updates about possible future classes.
If you are an HR practitioner with SPHR or PHR certification, or equivalent work experience, University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business and SHRM-Atlanta invite you to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to hone your business skills and take your career—and your company—to the next level.
The only course of its kind in the area, the HR Leadership Academy (HRLA) is an exclusive (limited to 40 participants) six-day intensive program designed to hone the HR professional’s non-HR business skills, and is akin to an executive MBA for the HR practitioner.*
If your goal is to grow beyond your current role and become a strategic business executive, you won’t find anything else comparable. This program delivers the high-quality executive education UGA’s Terry College of Business is renowned for—and is backed by the name Atlanta’s HR professionals trust more than any other: SHRM-Atlanta.
Graduates will receive a Certificate in Business from UGA Terry College of Business, a certificate from SHRM-Atlanta, and a significant number of strategic credits for recertification.
* This program assumes participants are already knowledgeable and competent in human resources.
Who should attend?
HR professionals with SPHR or PHR certification, or equivalent work experience who want to:
• Help achieve business results for their companies
• Gain a better understanding of business acumen and strategic thinking
• Drive significant organizational change and innovation
What are the benefits?
As an HRLA participant, you will learn to:
• Utilize a new realistic framework for planning, communicating and implementing transformational change
• Implement a holistic model that justifies the proposed change
• Recommend changes to improve strategy alignment in your firm
• Understand how your hard-wired behaviors impact your leadership style
• Identify the best methods for building and leading high-performance teams
• Incorporate strategic financial concepts into key HR processes
• Identify and overcome the challenges facing innovation in most organizations
• Better manage the innovation process, and innovation culture, using design thinking
• Develop new business analysis skills that help measure and improve key strategic processes
• Recognize process issues that get in the way of profitable growth
• Understand how HR leaders can help marketing and sales better generate revenue
• Establish a common language for discussing the importance of ethical decision-making
• Design a Change Action Plan (CAPstone™ Project) to implement a key change in your organization