I am looking forward to a fantastic 2013 for SHRM-Atlanta. We were in planning mode for this year for several months. I would like to share the highlights of what we hope to accomplish this year.
Several years ago our SHRM-Atlanta board developed the vision for SHRM-Atlanta as “Working for a Better Atlanta.”
In 2013, SHRM Atlanta will develop goals and objectives around the vision of “Working for a Better Atlanta” by developing HR business leaders that in turn build better companies. The focus in 2013 will be around the “developing HR business leaders”. SHRM-Atlanta wants to turn HR Business Partners into Business Leaders.
I have worked with our 2013 EVP team to turn our vision into action.
Our 2013 EVP team members:
- EVP Marketing - Alex Putman
- EVP Signature Events - Lisa Goodman
- EVP External Relations - Maureen Whatley
- EVP Programming - Jack Bruce
- EVP Member Relations - Tywana Minor
- President Elect - Teela Jackson
This team has developed goals in each of their areas of responsibility that align with our SHRM-Atlanta vision. You will hear more about these goals throughout the year, but below is a sample of goals we will be working on:
- Develop messaging and campaigns to mirror “developing business leader strategy”
- Exceed 2012 scores in all areas for member programming
- Increase membership retention by +5 above 12/31 retention results as a base goal +7 as a stretch
- Grow chapter to 3000 members
It is my goals to develop metrics for our Chapter to track our progress against our stated goals for the year.
I believe it is a perfect time for SHRM-Atlanta to be focused on business leadership for HR professionals. As I listen to and study what makes the most successful HR leaders, it’s all about being business savvy and understanding the industry you serve. We will be offering many learning opportunities including our programming and our Human Resource Leadership Academy that directly aligns with this business focus.
I look forward to serving as your president this year.
Cathy Missildine, SPHR
Intellectual Capital Consulting