Orientation at AJC Building: February 1, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Class Dates (Thursdays): February 8, 15, 22; March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; and April 5, 12, 19, 26
Advanced Registration Deadline: January 12
Cancellation Deadline: January 18
To Receive Learning Kit at Orientation, Register by: January 24
SHRM-Atlanta's intensive, in-person exam review course prepares attendees to sit for HR certification exams. Weekly courses begin with orientation on February 1, 2018 and will be held every Thursday, with the last course on April 26.
Seating is limited to 25, so make sure to sign-up early!
The purpose of the HR Certification Exam Review Course is to provide a high level overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the goal of certification. This includes:
- The Body of Knowledge required for the exam
- The competencies that will be assessed on the exam
- A structured learning environment with an engaging expert instructor
- Real world advice and answers to your questions
- Test taking tips, strategies and practice examples
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- The full print/online version of the 2018 SHRM Learning System, including quickstart videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $985)
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance.
The SHRM BoCK organizes eight behavioral competencies into three clusters:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation).
Additionally, the SHRM BoCK organizes 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*)
| SHRM-Atlanta Members
Cancellation Fee: $75 - until 1/18/2018
Non-Refundable after 1/18/2018
Future Member registrations include one year of SHRM-Atlanta membership that becomes active once the registration has been processed. If you should cancel your registration, the prevailing cancellation fee as well as the $149 membership fee will not be refunded. Cancellations received after January 18, 2018 are completely non-refundable.
Please register by Wednesday January 24, 2018 to ensure receipt of your learning materials at Orientation. Registering after this date will delay shipment of your learning kit. SHRM-Atlanta does not offer certification exams and review course registration does not cover exam fees.
To locate a testing center or schedule an exam, please visit www.prometric.com.
To Pay by Check or Money Order
Download our printable registration form, fill out completely, and mail to our office at:
2849 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Overlook I, Suite 205 Atlanta, GA 30339
Checks/Money Orders must be made payable to SHRM-Atlanta. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. Cancellations must be received by January 18, 2018 ($75 cancellation fee will apply). No refunds will be granted after this date. Registration is not transferable to a future course.
For details and information about certification through SHRM National visit the certification website here.
Beverly Lucas is an employment law attorney with Lucas & Leon, LLC, in Clarkesville, Georgia. With more than 20 years of Human Resources experience, Beverly holds both the Society for Human Resource Management’s Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). She received her juris doctorate degree from Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School. Beverly is a member of the SHRM Atlanta Chapter, the National Employment Lawyer’s Association (NELA), the Georgia Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. In addition, Beverly is currently participating in Habersham County Leadership program. She has an extensive background in community service, including serving as the president of the Gilmer County Rotary Club, the American Heart Association, The American Cancer Society, and the Alzheimer’s Association. Beverly is admitted to the Appeals Court of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia, and the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of federal courts of Georgia.