Both of this year's keynote speakers will be engaging, teach you something new and get you thinking about creating a brilliant work environment that is inclusive, supportive and productive. Check them out below!
"The Authenticity Advantage: The What, Why and How of Flying Your Freak Flag"
March 29, 2016
As a speaker and consultant, Joe Gerstandt helps organizations understand and implement and honor authenticity in a way that leads to innovation and prosperity. According to Gerstandt, organizations have taken this righteous concept and turned it into a buzzword.
This engaging and inspirational message weaves science, real world examples, interaction and humor to provide the audience with something that is immediately actionable.
- Have a working definition of what authenticity is.
- Consider common examples of what makes authenticity difficult.
- Work through a 4 step model (awareness, accountability, adventure, advocacy) for pursuing authenticity on the individual level.
- Examine practices for inviting and supporting greater authenticity at work.
Prior to becoming a celebrated one-man institute, Gerstandt held positions as the program director of education for the Nebraska AIDS Project and the director of diversity for Alegent Health. He has served on the board of directors for Catholic Charities, the Young Professionals Council, and Midlands Community Planning Group. Additionally, he has worked with several organizations including Big Brothers, Big Sisters, the National Conference for Community and Justice, and Boys and Girls Club.
In 2010, Gerstandt founded Talent Anarchy with Jason Lauritsen. He lives in Omaha, Nebraska with his wife, son, and two daughters.
"The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace"
Dr. Paul White
March 30, 2016
Dr. Paul White is a psychologist, author, speaker, and consultant who makes work relationships work. He has written articles for and been interviewed by Bloomberg’s Business Week, CNN/Fortune.com, Entrepreneur.com, Fast Company, FoxBusiness.com, Huffington Post LIVE, U.S. News and World Report, and Yahoo! Finance.
Dr. White is the co-author of three books including, The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, written with Dr. Gary Chapman (author of the #1 NY Times bestseller, The 5 Love Languages). Based on their extensive research and expertise, Dr. White and Dr. Chapman have developed a unique way for organizations to motivate employees that leads to increased job satisfaction, higher employee performance and enhanced levels of trust. And that is what he will be presenting on at Building Brilliance.
Dr. White helps employees, managers and organizations:
- Reduce the level of cynicism and negative communication within the workplace.
- Eliminate supervisors’ frustration from not knowing how to effectively encourage their staff.
- Learn how to communicate authentic appreciation (versus “go through the motions” recognition).