These sessions will focus on the qualities, experiences and work styles that make individuals unique – such as age, race, religion, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, and sexual orientation and how organizations can realize the benefits of leveraging those qualities in support of business objectives.
Tuesday, April 29 | 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Bridging the Gap: Managing and Recruiting Genders, Generations and Genetics
Speaker: Candy Whirley, SBG Services, LLC
Misunderstandings because of gender differences, diverse skills, and fear of the unknown are just a few examples of barriers that can disrupt the flow and success of any organization's productivity, mission and goals. Your team will be able to: leverage the diverse behavioral styles of your people to bring out the best in each one, keep team performance high during changing times, reduce conflict due to style differences with gender-based communication, cultivate ideas on how to motivate the introvert and extrovert, bridge the gap with your diverse team activity!
- Talent Management--Participants will learn how to identify precise leadership competencies incorporated with the organization strategy and acquirement. Human Resources Managers will be able to identify and develop key talent after learning the four personality technique and the four generations in today's organization.
- Diversity--Participants will be given tools to develop and implement an integrated diversity strategy throughout organizational operations
- Leadership--Measurably change the organization's overall culture, policies and practices in leadership by implementing initiatives connected to business strategies such as diversity training and orientation for new employee development
Tuesday, April 29 | 2:15pm - 3:15pm
Succeeding in an Intercultural Organization
Speaker: Lan Bercu, Lead Across Cultures
Never before have we lived in such an interconnected, interrelated and intercultural world. New technology, work force migration and globalization has brought new opportunities and not without challenges. This seminar will increase your ability to overcome cross-cultural issues, manage and lead diverse teams and customers, establish positive relationship that helps you to accomplish your goals. You will learn traits and competencies to succeed in managing and leading a multicultural organization; cross cultural values, communication styles and organizational patterns that may block collaboration and organizational effectiveness; managing intercultural conflict; leveraging cultural diversity to achieve your goals; developing an ability to adapt to a variety of cross-cultural situations; working more effectively across cultural and geographic boundaries.
- Implement tools to improve cross-cultural communications.
- Handle disagreements with people whose conflict and conflict resolution styles are different than yours.
- Apply global leadership techniques for fostering intercultural collaboration and establishing positive multicultural and global relationship.
Tuesday, April 29 | 10:45am - 11:45am
The Next Deployment – Integrating Veterans into the Workforce
Speakers: Stuart Smith, SPHR, Stuart Smith and Associates & John Kalusa, Futurestep
Many of our Veterans are looking to re-enter society and the work force; for them it is The Next Deployment. In addition to leadership, loyalty, discipline and a proven and tested work ethic these heroes bring a unique set of skills and experiences to benefit your organization or company. The Next Deployment can be exciting and challenging for Veterans and HR Professionals alike. There are so many transition resources available to help Veterans. It can be difficult for HR Professionals to find the right sources of information; find the right Veterans for their organization; and understand the right way to recruit, select, hire, on-board and develop Veteran employees. What if you could quickly become a recognized Veteran employment "expert" in your organization? What if you had access to the right information and sources to help you find the Veterans you need? What if you could help Veterans find the right opportunity - in your organization or another - that is the perfect "fit" for them? This session, led by HR professionals and fellow Veterans, with years of experience recruiting, selecting, hiring and developing Veterans will help you.
- Position yourself as the expert in your organization in recruiting, selecting, hiring and supporting Veterans
- Learn how to establish organize and operate a company/organization Veterans reemployment program
- Understand the Veteran's career search from a Veteran's point of view and career search issues related to differently-abled Veterans
- Understand the many programs and services Veterans use during career search such as the Service Transition Assistance Office and the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Successfully recruit, select, hire and develop Veterans to be invaluable resources for your organization or company
Sessions and speakers are subject to change.
Back to Main Session Page