SHRM-Atlanta: Here for You Every Step of the Way
We're so glad you decided to invest in yourself and your profession by joining SHRM-Atlanta. We'll be with you every step of the way! Not sure how to engage, best utilize your member benefits, or where to start? Don't worry! We've come up with your first steps to take after becoming a member!
Check this one off your list! You're a member of SHRM-Atlanta, and that was your first step. Congratulations!
Not a member yet? What are you waiting for? Join today!
Attend a New Member Webinar! Held on the first Tuesday every month from 12 - 12:30 p.m., and led by members of our volunteer leadership team, learn how you can best leverage your SHRM-Atlanta membership, discover ways to become involved, and connect with some of our volunteer leaders - all in 30 minutes! Visit the calendar to register for the next one.
We also schedule in-person opportunities at each of our Chapter Meetings and Power Breakfasts, check the agenda to see when and where.
Within your first month of joining a member of our Ambassador team will be reaching out to connect you with opportunities within SHRM-Atlanta and help you with any questions you may have. Ambassadors are your fellow members, and know exactly how you feel as a new SHRM-Atlanta member, and they're here to help guide you along the way.
We strongly encourage all new SHRM-Atlanta members to attend a professional development event within three months of joining. Grow your network, collaborate with fellow HR professionals, all while attending high-quality, relevant professional development that will keep you ahead of the curve in all things HR.
Because we think this is almost as important as joining - attend your first Chapter Meeting, Power Breakfast, or RDC (Regional Development Community) at NO ADDITIONAL COST! Visit the event calendar, choose your event, and complete this form with your choice! So easy!
Steps 5, 6, 7 and beyond....
These next steps can be completed in any order you choose, but we think crossing them off your list will make your overall SHRM-Atlanta membership experience all the better for taking the time to complete them.
- Visit the SHRM-Atlanta website and become familiar where your favorite pieces of information are so you can get to them quickly! Better yet make us one of your favorites!
- Are you interested in serving as a volunteer? Complete a volunteer profile and we'll find a perfect place for you to utilize your current skills and develop new ones in a safe environment.
- We encourage all members to attend as many of our professional development events as they can, when they can. We host monthly webinars, quarterly Chapter Meetings, RDC events, and Power Breakfasts - just to name a few. Our volunteer leaders think long and hard about the topics and speakers at each of our events, in order to make sure you get the most relevant, timely, and high-quality information - everyone at SHRM-Atlanta wants to help you succeed!
- Did you know as a member you are now eligible to receive a subscription to HR360, a leading compliance tool, as well as an account in our Assessment Resource Center? Don't forget to check them out!
- We always want to take the time to celebrate our member's wins and successes! Let us know if you've received a promotion, moved to a different company, been asked to share your HR knowledge, received an HR certification, or anything else you'd like to share with us. Along with this, we also celebrate HR with our two awards programs, the Impact Awards and When Work Works.
Most importantly - Stay Involved! We are so glad you're here!