The SHRM-Atlanta IMPACT Award Winners
Innovation ● Motivation ● Performance
Achievement ● Creativity ● Transformation
- Kenneth Herman and the Fulton County Personnel Department: Within a six- month period, the department developed and implemented a plan for the delivery of HR shared services. This plan freed almost $1.2M of resources, centralized HR staff under one umbrella, and created an environment to streamline and standardize the HR functions within the county.
- Margaux Kaynard and the Rural Sourcing Inc. HR team: This department has seen tremendous company growth going from approx. 30 employees in 2012 to nearly 300 employees now. By implementing “Interview Day”, the department decreased the amount of colleague time spent interviewing by 76% by inviting pre-screened candidates onsite to participate in several “speed-dating” style interview with various members.
- Dan Gordon, Lynnette Crowder and Robin Stenzel with WestRock: This team of HR professionals led 41,000 employees through a merger of two companies with completely different compensation, benefits and human resource operating systems.
- Gail Tolbert with Rubicon Global: Gail recognized for “infusing extensive organizational efficiencies with strong coaching and project management talents to drive performance and productivity results”. She is credited with “completely changing the culture in the company to one that believes in a united company mission and one which motivates people to bring their best to work”.
- Lisa Chang with AMB Group: Lisa’s diverse experience in financial services, manufacturing, media and entertainment were the primary drivers for her placement as the head of HR. Her innovative, progressive approach to HR leadership has been instrumental in supporting the growth of the organization, including the build of an iconic stadium and the launch of a major league soccer team, all in the same year.
- Carlton Burroughs with ADP: Carlton leads a Virtual HR Business Partner team by the name of VR Titans. Their theme song is “Titanium” by David Guetta and their team tagline is “Can’t see us? Don’t need to – ‘cause we’re THAT good!”.
- Krystle Carter with Clayton State University: Krystle took the SHRM Student Chapter of her University from approx. 12 members to over 70 during her year as President. She created a new ambassador team to assist the Director of Marketing with social media promotions and she created a new board position, Director of Social Media Engagement. She has been described as “living and breathing SHRM”.