SHRM-Atlanta is proud to sponsor VETs – Veterans Employment Team initiative. SHRM-Atlanta's VETs goal is to assist veterans in returning to civilian employment.
Resources for Veterans, Family Members and SHRM-Atlanta HR Professionals
- Make the Connection Connecting veterans and their friends and family members with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their health, well-being, and everyday lives.
- America's Top Military-Friendly Colleges Colleges featured on BestColleges.com Military-Friendly list go above and beyond in their approach to veterans and military families by offering additional services which include financial-aid opportunities beyond the norm, special counseling services, veteran-oriented career counseling and much more!
- The Mission Continues The Mission Continues challenges veterans to serve and lead in communities across America. Many veterans struggle to find the same purpose at home as they found in the mission, camaraderie and structure of the military. The Mission Continues does not offer charity; rather, it challenges returning service members to utilize their tremendous skills and leadership to continue serving our country at home.
Help Us Build Our Resources to Get Veterans Hired Now!
If you have links to information or sites that would be helpful to HR professionals in interviewing, hiring, or mentoring veterans, please send that information as well to be evaluated for placement here.
- Does your company hire veterans and use a job board?
If your company has job openings, and would give preference to U.S. military veterans, we will post a link to your job board here. (Not generic job boards, only company-specific job boards).
- Know a great website to find U.S. military veterans?
If you know of military or veterans career websites where companies can post jobs, or search resumes of veterans, etc., please send them to us so we can share with our members!
- Are you a recruiter who places U.S. military veterans (for a fee)?
Any recruiter or staffing agency who specializes in placing veterans may submit a link to their website to be placed here (no charge for placing the link).
What Else Can We Do?
SHRM-Atlanta is in a unique position to help veterans return to work. As Atlanta HR professionals, we can:
- Leverage 2300+ chapter members who work in companies and organizations that need the skills, experience, discipline and service orientation that Veterans bring to work.
- Prepare SHRM-Atlanta members to understand and successfully navigate a complex and fractured veterans employment landscape, which demands employers understand where to find talented Veterans, how to help “translate” military skills and talents into civilian jobs, and how to assist Veterans in finding the resources they need to successfully transition back to civilian life.
- Access broad networks of fellow HR professionals who we can work with to place veterans in the right job the first time.
- Utilize our skills to assist, mentor, coach and support veterans during their transition.