Orientation at AJC Building: August 16, 6:30 - 8:00 pm (Optional)
Class Dates (Saturdays): September 1, 15 , 29 - October 13, 27 - November 10, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Advanced Registration Deadline: August 17
Cancellation Deadline: August 25
To Receive Learning Kit at Orientation, Register by: August 24
SHRM-Atlanta's intensive, in-person exam review course prepares attendees to sit for HR certification exams. This course begins with an optional orientation on Thursday August 16, 2018 and classes will be held on select Saturdays, with the last course on November 10.
Seating is limited to 25, so make sure to sign-up early!
The purpose of the HR Certification Exam Review Course is to provide a high level overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the goal of certification. This includes:
- The Body of Knowledge required for the exam
- The competencies that will be assessed on the exam
- A structured learning environment with an engaging expert instructor
- Real world advice and answers to your questions
- Test taking tips, strategies and practice examples
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- The full print/online version of the 2018 SHRM Learning System, including quickstart videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $985)
Not sure if this course is right for you? Find out more before signing up by attending our next Info Session. View our Calendar and Register Here!
EXAMS ARE NOT PROCTORED BY SHRM-ATLANTA AND MUST BE SCHEDULED SEPARATELY.
2018 Winter Exam Window: Dec. 1, 2018 - Feb. 15, 2019
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance.
The SHRM BoCK organizes eight behavioral competencies into three clusters:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation).
Additionally, the SHRM BoCK organizes 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*)
| SHRM-Atlanta Members
Cancellation Fee: $75 - until 8/25/2018
Non-Refundable after 8/25/2018
Future Member registrations include one year of SHRM-Atlanta membership that becomes active once the registration has been processed. If you should cancel your registration, the prevailing cancellation fee as well as the $149 membership fee will not be refunded. Cancellations received after August 25, 2018 are completely non-refundable.
Please register by Wednesday August 24, 2018 to ensure receipt of your learning materials at Orientation. Registering after this date will delay shipment of your learning kit. SHRM-Atlanta does not offer certification exams and review course registration does not cover exam fees.
To locate a testing center or schedule an exam, please visit www.prometric.com.
To Pay by Check or Money Order
Download our printable registration form, fill out completely, and mail to our office at:
2849 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Overlook I, Suite 205 Atlanta, GA 30339
Checks/Money Orders must be made payable to SHRM-Atlanta. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. Cancellations must be received by August 25, 2018 ($75 cancellation fee will apply). No refunds will be granted after this date. Registration is not transferable to a future course.
For details and information about certification through SHRM National visit the certification website here.
Charles Craig, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, GPHR
Charles Craig has over twenty-five years of experience in human resources. His certifications include, SHRM’s Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), and the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR). Charles earned his Master’s in Business Administration from Brenau University. He has instructed the PHR/SPHR learning system for over ten years. Charles also instructs the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP prep course for the University of Georgia and the PHR/SPHR Learning System for Emory University.
Host Sponsor: Atlanta Journal Constitution