Orientation: February 7, 2019 | 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Class Dates (Thursdays): February 14 - May 2 | 6:30 - 9:30 pm
Advanced Registration Deadline: January 25, 2019
Cancellation Deadline: January 31, 2019 (Penalty Applies, See Cancellation Policy)
SHRM-Atlanta's intensive, in-person exam review course prepares attendees to sit for HR certification exams. Weekly courses begin with orientation on February 7, 2019 and will be held once per week (every Thursday), with the final day of class on May 2, 2019.
Seating is limited to 25, so make sure to sign-up early!
The purpose of the HR Certification Exam Review Course is to provide a high level overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the goal of certification. This includes:
- The Body of Knowledge required for the exam
- The competencies that will be assessed on the exam
- A structured learning environment with an engaging expert instructor
- Real world advice and answers to your questions
- Test taking tips, strategies and practice examples
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- The full print/online version of the 2018 SHRM Learning System, including quickstart videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $985)
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance and organizes eight behavioral competencies into three clusters:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation).
Additionally, the SHRM BoCK organizes 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*)
Not sure if this course is right for you? Find out more before signing up by attending our next Info Session.
View our Calendar and Register Here!
EXAMS ARE NOT PROCTORED BY SHRM-ATLANTA AND MUST BE SCHEDULED SEPARATELY.
2019 Spring Exam Window: May 1 - July 15, 2019
Learn About Exam Applications Here >>
| SHRM-Atlanta Members
Cancellation Fee: $75.00
Non-Refundable after 01/31/2019
* Future Member registrations include one year of SHRM-Atlanta membership that becomes active once the registration has been processed. If you should cancel your registration, the prevailing cancellation fee as well as the $140 membership fee will not be refunded. Cancellations received after January 31, 2019 are completely non-refundable.
Please register by Wednesday February 6, 2019 to ensure receipt of your learning materials at Orientation. Registering after this date may delay shipment of your learning kit. SHRM-Atlanta does not offer certification exams and review course registration does not cover exam fees.
To locate a testing center or schedule an exam, please visit www.prometric.com.
To Pay by Check or Money Order
Download our printable registration form, fill out completely, and mail to our office at:
2849 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Overlook I, Suite 205 Atlanta, GA 30339
Checks/Money Orders must be made payable to SHRM-Atlanta. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. Cancellations must be received by January 31, 2018 ($75 cancellation fee will apply). No refunds will be granted after this date. Registration is not transferable to a future course.
For details and information about certification through SHRM National visit the certification website here.
Xavier Cugnon is currently working as a Vice President of HR Administration for Arrow Exterminators who employs more than 2,100 employees throughout the U.S. He is also an adjunct professor at Kennesaw State University. He has an extensive HR background across multiple industries including manufacturing, utilities, and consumer services. As an 8 year Marine Corps veteran he spent his last tour in the classroom as an aviation maintenance instructor. A graduate of Villanova's Master of Science in HR Development, Xavier holds his SHRM-SCP and PHR certifications.