OUR FALL COURSE HAS SOLD OUT!
Orientation: August 15, 2019 | 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Class Dates (Thursdays): August 29 - November 14, 2019 | 6:30 - 9:30 pm
Advanced Registration Deadline: July 31, 2019
Final Payment Due: August 8, 2019
Cancellation Deadline: August 8, 2019 (Penalty Applies, See Cancellation Policy Below)
SHRM-Atlanta's intensive, in-person exam review course prepares attendees to sit for HR certification exams. Weekly courses begin with orientation on August 15, 2019 and will be held once per week (every Thursday), with the final day of class on November 14, 2019.
Seating is limited to 25, so make sure to sign-up early!
The purpose of the HR Certification Exam Review Course is to provide a high level overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the goal of certification. This includes:
- The Body of Knowledge required for the exam
- The competencies that will be assessed on the exam
- A structured learning environment with an engaging expert instructor
- Real world advice and answers to your questions
- Test taking tips, strategies and practice examples
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- The full print/online version of the 2019 SHRM Learning System, including quickstart videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $985)
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance and organizes eight behavioral competencies into three clusters:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation).
Additionally, the SHRM BoCK organizes 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*)
Not sure if this course is right for you? Find out more before signing up by attending our next Info Session.
View our Calendar and Register Here!
EXAMS ARE NOT PROCTORED BY SHRM-ATLANTA AND MUST BE SCHEDULED SEPARATELY.
2019 Winter Exam Window: Dec. 1, 2019 - Feb. 15, 2020
Learn About Exam Applications Here >>
To locate a testing center or schedule an exam, please visit www.prometric.com
Payment Plan Option Now Available! Click Here to Apply >>>
If registering under a payment plan, an outside link will be provided to allow for installments. Do Not Register on this page if you are applying for a Payment Plan.
- Upon registration, 1/3 of total balance is due at checkout. This initial payment secures a place in the course
- Remaining Balance can be paid in multiple installments using your personal invoice link
- Final Payment Due no later than August 8, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Cancellation Fee: $150.00 through 8/8/2019
Non-Refundable after 08/08/2019
*Future Member registrations include one year of SHRM-Atlanta membership that becomes active once the registration has been processed. If you should cancel your registration, the prevailing cancellation fee as well as the $140 membership fee will not be refunded. Cancellations received after August 8, 2019 are completely non-refundable.
Please register by Wednesday August 14, 2019 to ensure receipt of your learning materials at Orientation. SHRM-Atlanta does not offer certification exams and review course registration does not cover exam fees. If registered under a payment plan, students will not be provided with learning materials or admitted to class until final payment is received.
Need Financial Aid?
SHRM-Atlanta is now offering Scholarships for our Certification Prep Course. Please contact us to learn more and apply. Send all inquiries to email@example.com.
To Pay by Check or Money Order
Download our printable registration form, fill out completely, and mail to our office at:
2849 Paces Ferry Rd SE, Overlook I, Suite 205 Atlanta, GA 30339
Checks/Money Orders must be made payable to SHRM-Atlanta. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. Cancellations must be received by August 8, 2019 ($75 cancellation fee will apply). No refunds will be granted after this date. Registration is not transferable to a future course.
For details and information about certification through SHRM National visit the certification website here.
Xavier Cugnon is currently working as a Vice President of HR Administration for Arrow Exterminators who employs more than 2,100 employees throughout the U.S. He is also an adjunct professor at Kennesaw State University. He has an extensive HR background across multiple industries including manufacturing, utilities, and consumer services. As an 8 year Marine Corps veteran he spent his last tour in the classroom as an aviation maintenance instructor. A graduate of Villanova's Master of Science in HR Development, Xavier holds his SHRM-SCP and PHR certifications.