Every child has a dream-a vision for what their future can be. Junior Achievement’s mission is to provide students with opportunities to make those dreams a reality. At the JA Chick-fil-A Foundation Discovery Center, 7th & 8th grade students participate in an immersive simulation that enables them to develop skills to successfully navigate today’s complex economic environment and discover how decisions today can impact tomorrow.
Watch the JA Discovery Center Video to see it in action!
As a volunteer, you will share your life experiences to mentor and coach students through their day and help to create a more authentic simulation. No matter what your profession, your life experience and determination to succeed, YOU can serve as a volunteer. Our volunteers provide those "ah ha" moments daily as they help students discover the value of themselves, their education, and their future possibilities. If you have ever had a job or paid a bill…you will be a GREAT volunteer!
8:00 am – 8:15 am : Volunteer Arrival & Check-in (Coffee Provided)
8:15 am: Volunteer Training
10:00 am: Student Arrival
11:30 am: Lunch Break
2:30 pm: Student & Volunteer Departure
- You will be able to use your professional talents and perspectives to mentor local youth.
- You will be able to meet, network, and have fun with fellow passionate SHRM-Atlanta members.
- Enjoy free coffee and lunch.
- This not a time intensive commitment. Training on everything you need to know will be reviewed with you the day of the event.
Get away from the office for a few hours and join us to make a difference in our community! Sign-up now! We have a spot saved just for you!
There are TWO places to register!
1) SHRM-Atlanta's Website
2) The JA website (you will need to sign an acknowledgement form from JA, regarding working with youth)
Click Here to Complete Step 2>>
Click Here for Parking Directions to the JA Volunteer Lot and details on how to enter the JA Discovery Center once inside the building. Parking is FREE.
Additional Questions? Contact Brynn Feulner, Onsite Liaison at Junior Achievement
More Information: juniorachievement.org