Every child has a dream, a vision for what their future can be. Our mission is to provide students with opportunities to make those dreams a reality for middle school students; an immersive simulation that enables them to develop skills to successfully navigate today’s complex economic environment and discover how decisions today can impact tomorrow. Our two programs at our JA Discovery Centers are: JA BizTown & JA Finance Park. Find more information at juniorachievement.org.
As a volunteer, you bring the simulation to life for the students, by sharing real life experiences while coaching a small group of students. Our volunteers provide those "ah ha" moments daily as they help students discover the value of themselves, their education, and their future possibilities!
Check out this volunteer video to see a preview of the day.
8:00 am – 8:15 am : Volunteer Arrival & Check-in (Coffee Provided)
8:15 am: Volunteer Training
10:00 am: Student Arrival
11:30 am: Lunch Break
2:30 pm: Student & Volunteer Departure
- You will be able to use your professional talents and perspectives to mentor local youth.
- You will be able to meet, network, and have fun with fellow passionate SHRM-Atlanta members.
- Enjoy free coffee and lunch.
- This not a time intensive commitment. Training on everything you need to know will be reviewed with you the day of the event.
- Get away from the office for a few hours and join us to make a difference in our community! Sign-up now! We have a spot saved just for you!
THERE ARE 2 PLACES TO REGISTER!
1) SHRM-Atlanta's Website
2) The JA website (sign an acknowledgement form to work with youth) Click Here to Complete Step 2 >>
Contact Sebastian Weber, Onsite Liaison at Junior Achievement or Kerriann Ferguson, SHRM-Atlanta JA Chairman.
Click Here for Parking Directions to the JA Volunteer Lot and details on how to enter the JA Discovery Center once inside the building. Parking is free.