SHRM-Atlanta Virtual Certification Exam Prep - Fall 2020
Our Fall Class is going VIRTUAL and registration is now open!
Join SHRM-Atlanta's Certification Exam Prep Course which will prepare you to sit for HR certification exams. Staying at home can be difficult, but preparing for your certification doesn't have to be...
In these uncertain times, your safety is as important to us as your success and we don't want you to stop learning. That's why we're utilizing the technology at our fingertips to bring our classroom to you. Get started today!
Weekly courses begin with orientation on August 6, 2020 and will be held once per week. More details to come...
Important Class Dates
Orientation: August 6, 2020 | 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Class Dates (Thursdays): August 13 - November 5, 2020 | 6:30 - 9:30 pm
- (No Class September 17, 2020)
Advanced Registration Deadline: July 23, 2020
Cancellation Deadline: July 30, 2020 (Penalty Applies, See Cancellation Policy Below)
A Payment Plan option is now available! See below for more details.
Learn more about HR Certification
SHRM-Atlanta's intensive online exam review course prepares attendees to sit for HR certification exams.
Weekly courses begin with orientation on August 6, 2020 and will be held once per week (every Thursday), with the final day of class on November 5, 2020.
Seating is limited, so make sure to sign-up early!
The purpose of the HR Certification Exam Review Course is to provide a high level overview of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the goal of certification. This includes:
- The Body of Knowledge required for the exam
- The competencies that will be assessed on the exam
- A structured learning environment with an engaging expert instructor
- Real world advice and answers to your questions
- Test taking tips, strategies and practice examples
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- The full print/online version of the 2020 SHRM Learning System, including quickstart videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $985)
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance and organizes eight behavioral competencies into three clusters:
- Leadership (Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice)
- Interpersonal (Relationship Management, Communication, Global & Cultural Effectiveness)
- Business (Business Acumen, Consultation, Critical Evaluation).
Additionally, the SHRM BoCK organizes 15 areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise into three domains:
- People (HR Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Retention, Learning & Development, Total Rewards)
- Organization (Structure of the HR Function, Organizational Effectiveness & Development, Workforce Management, Employee & Labor Relations, Technology Management)
- Workplace (HR in the Global Context, Diversity & Inclusion, Risk Management, Corporate Social Responsibility, U.S. Employment Law & Regulations*)
Here's what you get when you take our prep course:
- An engaging expert instructor, offering real world advice and answers to your questions
- A structured learning environment to keep you on track
- The full print/online version of the 2020 SHRM Learning System, including quick-start videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $985)
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- Information on how to request employer reimbursement
- Up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only
Still not sure if HR Certification is right for you?
Attend one of our information sessions to learn more about the HR Certification process, our Exam Preparation Course, and how SHRM-Atlanta can lend support to your professional journey towards advancement. We will cover FAQ's, exam eligibility, course scheduling and expectations, learning tools, and the testing experience.
View Upcoming Info Sessions
||3/1 - 7/23/2020
||Due at Checkout
||07/24 - 8/6/2020
||Due at Checkout
Payment Plan Option Now Available! Click Here to Apply >>
If you would like to register with a payment plan, do not register on the current page. An additional link will be provided to you to make installment payments.
- Upon registration, 1/3 of total balance is due at checkout. This initial payment secures a place in the course
- Remaining Balance can be paid in multiple installments using your personal invoice link
- Final Payment is due no later than July 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm est.
Cancellation Fee: $150.00 until 07/30/2020. Non-Refundable after 07/30/2020
*Future Member registrations include one year of SHRM-Atlanta membership that becomes active once the registration has been processed. If you should cancel your registration, the prevailing cancellation fee as well as the $140 membership fee will not be refunded. Cancellations received after July 30, 2020 are completely non-refundable.
Please register by Wednesday, July 29, 2020 to ensure receipt of your learning materials by Orientation. SHRM-Atlanta does not proctor certification exams and your review course registration does not cover the testing fee for the exam. If registered under a payment plan, students will not be provided with learning materials or admitted to class until final payment is received.
How To Register
Online: Click the register button at the top of this page.
Pay via check/money order: Please print and fill out this registration form.
Your registration will be confirmed after payment has been received.
Please mail your check, along with the form to: SHRM-Atlanta, 2849 Paces Ferry Road, SE, Overlook 1 Suite 205, Atlanta, GA 30339.
- Checks/Money Orders must be made payable to SHRM-Atlanta. Registration is not confirmed until payment is received. Cancellations must be received by July 30, 2020 ($150 cancellation fee will apply). No refunds will be granted after this date. Registration is not transferable to a future course.
EXAMS ARE NOT PROCTORED BY SHRM-ATLANTA AND MUST BE SCHEDULED SEPARATELY.
2020 Spring Exam Window: June 1, 2020 - August 15, 2020
2020 Winter Exam Window: Dec. 1, 2020 - Feb. 15, 2021
Learn About Exam Applications Here >>
To locate a testing center or schedule an exam, please visit www.prometric.com
For details and information about certification through SHRM National visit the certification website here.
Meet Your Instructor: Xavier Cugnon
Hi everybody! I’m excited to work with SHRM-Atlanta again in 2020 and help new students prepare for the SHRM Certification Exam. Before we dive into the learning material, I’d like to share a little more about me and how I became your next Certification Prep Instructor.
To start, I have an extensive career in Marine Corps aviation, manufacturing, and proposal writing, which has enriched me with the vast array of job skills. With an aptitude in Microsoft applications, experience in project management, and studies in HR, each role has been a building block to a rich background in multiple industries.
I spent years being developed by talented leaders to become one. My experience in a food manufacturing plant as a Continuous Improvement Manager and Technical Trainer exposed me to the unison of Supply Chain management. My role as a Proposal Development Analyst focused on collaborating with engineering, operations and maintenance, financial management to produce sound, competitive, and profitable bids.
I have completed a Masters of Science degree in Human Resource development at Villanova University and (you’ll be pleased to know) am certified as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and a Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). I also teach HR certification prep as an adjunct instructor at Kennesaw State University.
I am currently working as Vice President of HR Administration for Arrow Exterminators, who employs more than 2,100 employees throughout the U.S and was awarded a 2018 Top Workplace honor by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. In this role, I work to lead the Human Resources practices at Arrow Exterminators in support of its business goals. Primarily, our team focuses on unifying human capital management systems and practices to effectively deliver on Arrow's vision to hire, train, and retain the best people in order to become the largest, family-owned, private pest control company in the US.
Here are some fun facts:
- I’m an 8-year Marine Corps veteran and spent my last tour in the classroom as an Aviation Maintenance Instructor.
- I have lived in 4 countries and 5 states: the US, Belgium, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Thai and authentic Chinese are my all-time favorite foods!
- The reason I love teaching is that teaching is theater. It’s an art. Knowing stuff doesn't qualify you as a teacher. I enjoy the challenge of sharing knowledge through engaging theater.
Connect with Xavier on LinkedIn
What students say about Xavier...
"An industry expert with confidence"
"Proactive and Sharp"
"Very knowledgeable with great energy that fills the room!"
"Committed to every student's success"