Do you want to learn or improve your leadership abilities?
Are there skills you want to develop that could help in your career?
SHRM-Atlanta empowers our members through a variety of volunteer opportunities that encourage leadership and personal growth.
Volunteer Leadership Team Organizational Structure
SHRM-Atlanta operates with the leadership of a 70+ member volunteer leadership team and with more than 300 volunteers. SHRM-Atlanta has 8 main areas in which you can get involved, with over 28 committees and teams:
- Professional Development: Define and deliver overall professional development programming for our members
- Member Relations: Enhance the member onboarding experience, engagement & retention
- Organizational Effectiveness: Empower the SHRM-Atlanta's Volunteer Leadership Team through volunteer recruitment and succession planning, onboarding, and leadership development
- Awards & Recognition: Promote awards recognition for excellence in HR and scholarship opportunities
- Workforce Readiness: HR skills-based community volunteer opportunities that contributes to our local community and enables our members to network and offer volunteer services as Team SHRM-Atlanta
- Marketing & Brand Awareness: Promote SHRM-Atlanta brand awareness, membership benefits and professional development opportunities through social and media channels
- Business Development: Build strong SHRM-Atlanta Resource Partner relationships in support of SHRM-Atlanta's programming and connect members to innovative products and services
- Special Programs: Focus on special initiatives in support of the Chapter; for 2018, this includes a Mentorship Program initiative.
SHRM-Atlanta 2018 Organizational Chart
Ready to get started?
If you’re a current SHRM-Atlanta member and committed to helping the HR community grow and develop, we want to talk to you! Serving as a volunteer is a great way to give back to the HR community and to network with your peers. Not a current member? JOIN NOW
Committee Member Volunteer: if you'd like to participate on one of our committees:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and committee choice. Note: not all committees have openings, so listing two or more choices is preferable. You will be contacted with next steps!
Volunteer Leadership Position: if you'd like to participate in one of our leadership roles (Chair or above):
Questions? Contact Joanne Singletary, Member Relations Director at email@example.com.