The Accomplished Leader Exchange (ALE) is not a presentation, it’s a conversation.
The Accomplished Leader Exchange is not about recertification credits, it’s about peer-to-peer learning. It is not for your team, it is for YOU.
ALE is an intimate, strategic, peer-to-peer dialogue with Senior HR executives who face similar challenges and who are driving the same strategic initiatives. As a leader in your profession, you have a responsibility to share experience and knowledge that will define the future of Human Resources. This is your opportunity to give back to your peers and take pride in shaping the next generation of HR.
SHRM-Atlanta is facilitating a quarterly series of invitation-only exchanges, catered exclusively to accomplished HR practitioners. At ALE, qualified HR executives will meet with high-caliber, like minded peers to engage and gain unbiased advice from those who’ve faced and overcome similar challenges. If you’re interested in connecting with the Atlanta HR community to discuss targeted, relevant, and timely topics while developing a prestigious network of peers, this is the exchange you’ve been looking for.
- Quarterly breakfast programs
- Facilitated exchanges
- Topics driven by participant input
- Limited to 30 – 40 Senior level HR Practitioners
SHRM-Atlanta’s Accomplished Leaders Exchange (ALE) is an invitation only event for HR executives who meet the following qualifications:
- Currently employed in an HR practitioner role by an organization or division with 500+ employees
- Tenure of 10+ years in HR
- Must be a part of the organization's senior HR management team with title of Director, VP or above
- Must have strategic responsibility and manage an HR team
ALE Membership Policies
SHRM-Atlanta Member: $65 per session
Non-Member: $85 per session
If you would like to register for three (3) or more breakfasts, you will receive a $10 discount per session.
February 8, 2019| 7:30am – 10:00am
Hosted by: Phyllis Austin, Senior Vice President, Human Resources | Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Topic: Organizational Transformation / Change Management
March 26, 2019| 7:00am – 11:30am
SOAHR 2019 ALE VIP Experience
May 10, 2019 | 7:30am – 10:00am
Hosted by: Regina Hartley, UPS
Topic: Culture as Strategy
August 2, 2019 | 7:30am – 10:00am
Hosted by: Jill Wilson, SVP Human Resources and Talent Management | Carter's / OshKosh B'gosh
Topic: What does inclusion really look like and how can you build it?
Inclusion as defined by Merriam-Webster is “the act of including; the state of being included.” This is a very simple definition that becomes more complicated when introduced into an organization because of the different affinity groups that can exist and because we need to discover and include each affinity groups’ unique needs.
Many organizations have adopted intentional hiring practices to ensure a diverse workplace. When taking the time to hire diverse candidates, are you considering how your team or organization’s culture may need to shift to allow this diverse collection of people to coalesce and flourish? Inclusion is the only scaleable way to build diversity within an organization. Without thoughtful and deliberate discussion and action to cultivate an inclusive environment, the energy and resources spent on recruiting a diverse workforce are lost. The employees, so painstakingly recruited, will be gone within months. Join the conversation as we discuss specific Inclusion challenges and best practices.
November 8, 2019 | 7:30am – 10:00am
Hosted by: JoAnn Lynen, Director of Global Consultant Talent Management | Bain & Company
February 7, 2020 | 7:30am – 10:00am
Hosted by: Jennifer Cybul, Chief Human Resources Officer | Bennett Thrasher
How Do I Join?
Becoming part of the Accomplished Leaders Exchange (ALE) is a multi-step process.
1. APPLY → If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, let us know you want to participate. Fill out our interest form and tell us about yourself. Our ALE team will review your information and may contact you for further details.
Click here to fill out the interest form
2. STATUS UPDATE → After submitting your interest, one of SHRM-Atlanta’s team members will reach out with notification of your acceptance status. If approved to join the group, you will receive an invitation to our next scheduled meeting. This invitation will include a link to self-register online.
3. REGISTER → If you receive an invitation, you can register for any upcoming session online. Sign up for one meeting at a time or pre-purchase a 4-pack for a special price. Your confirmation(s) and detailed meeting updates (aka, What to Know Before You Go to ALE) will be sent by email after registration is complete.
Thank you to our Accomplished Leaders Track Sponsor!