SHRM-Atlanta is once again partnering with the Atlanta Business Chronicle to celebrate excellence and promote best practices in Human Resources.
The 2019 Diversity + Inclusion Awards recognizes leaders and organizations who are promoting authentic diversity and inclusion in the workplace and going above and beyond to bolster equality and inclusion for everyone. Atlanta Business Chronicle is excited to announce this second annual awards program and invites you to nominate leaders and organizations who actively promote inclusive excellence.
Diversity + Inclusion Awards Celebration
November 14 | King Plow Arts Center | 4:30 – 6:30 PM
NOMINATIONS OPEN THROUGH: AUGUST 30TH
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION TODAY!
Finalists will be recognized at a special awards reception on November 14, featured in a special section of the Atlanta Business Chronicle that week, and recognized by SHRM-Atlanta and featured on the SHRM-Atlanta website.
- Top Diversity and Inclusion Officer | This award recognizes individuals whose primary job is promoting diversity within their organization and who have shown leadership, commitment and motivation — driving the diversity agenda throughout the organization and the wider community.
- Outstanding Diversity in an Organization (Public | Private | Non-profit) | This award recognizes organizations of all sizes in all industries that have committed to a diverse workforce and have programs, initiatives, resources and/or community involvement advancing the promotion of diversity in the workplace.
- Corporate Diversity Champion (CEO) | This award recognizes the leader of a metro Atlanta corporation that has promoted initiatives, resources and/or community involvement in advancing diversity in the region.
- Civic Diversity Champion | This award recognizes a civic leader that has gone above and beyond in the promotion of initiatives, resources and/or community involvement in advancing diversity in the region.
- Outstanding Voice | This award recognizes an outstanding individual, ally or advocate in the metro Atlanta area who is making a difference in advancing equality in the business community.
- Board Champion | This award recognizes an individual who serves on a board(s) and uses their position to help drive diversity initiatives within the organization.
- Lifetime Achievement | This award honors an individual who has devoted a major portion of their professional life to enhancing the practice of equality and diversity, making significant, innovative and cumulatively outstanding contributions to the cause.
2019 Presenting Sponsors:
TOP DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION OFFICER
Nedra Dickson, Global Supplier Inclusion and Sustainability Lead, Accenture
Nzinga Shaw, SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena
Lydia Thacker, Diversity, Inclusion and Global Strategies, YMCA of Metro Atlanta
OUTSTANDING DIVERSITY IN AN ORGANIZATION
Greenberg Traurig, LLP
CORPORATE DIVERSITY CHAMPION
Ernest Greer, Co-President, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Roz Lewis, President & CEO, Greater Women’s Business Council
CIVIC DIVERSITY CHAMPION
Larry Gellersted, Chairman of the Board, Cousins Properties Inc.
Thomas K. Glenn II, Founder and Chair, The Wilbur and Hilda Glenn Foundation
Jamie Harrell, Business Intelligence and Analytics Lead, Emory University Goizueta Business School
Nathaniel Smith, Founder and Chief Equity Officer, Partnership for Southern Equity
Cara E. Yar Khan, Disability Inclusion Advocate, RISE Consulting Services
Barbara Evans, Past resident, Georgia Society of CPAs and Owner, B Evans Enterprises Inc.
Ivan Shammas, General Manager, Telemundo Atlanta
Al Vivian, President & CEO, Basic Diversity
C.T. Vivian, Founder, C.T. Vivian Leadership Institute