When joining SHRM-Atlanta you'll be asked to choose your Membership and Member Type.
Yearly Auto Renew ($139): When you enroll or renew your membership in 2020, your membership will automatically renew in 2021 (if paying by credit card or ACH) - this is the best value!
Monthly Membership ($13.99 a month): Don’t want to pay in one lump sum? That's no problem with our new monthly membership option of just $13.99 a month.
Which Member Type is right for you?
When filling out your membership application you will be asked to select a Member Type. Please see the descriptions below to determine which type of membership is right for you.
- Professional Practitioner Members
- Individuals who are currently engaged as a practitioner of human resource management, responsible for decisions related to HR, and not a consultant. Members of this class may vote and hold an elected office in the Chapter.
- Professional Consultant Members
- Individuals who are consultants practicing in the field of human resource management. Members of this class may vote and hold an elected office in the Chapter.
- Faculty Members
- Individuals currently holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in human resource management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college or university. Members of this class may vote and hold an elected office in the Chapter.
- Attorney Members
- Individuals who are currently practicing law and are engaged in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession. Members of this class may vote and hold an elected office in the Chapter.
- Professional Associate Members
- Individuals who are currently engaged in providing goods or services to support and/or enable human resource professionals as well as those individuals who do not meet the qualifications of the other classes of membership, and who demonstrate a bona fide interest in human resource management and the mission of the Chapter. Associate members may not vote or hold elected office in the Chapter.
- To maintain the integrity of our Professional Associate Membership, Professional Associate Members are asked to agree to our SHRM-Atlanta Professional Associate Member (PAM) Rules of Engagement.
- Student Members
- Individuals who do not qualify for other membership classes and who: Demonstrate a bona fide interest in human resource management as a career; and are enrolled either as full-time or part-time student in the equivalent of at least six (6) credit hours in a degree-seeking program that has a demonstrated emphasis in human resource management subjects; and not working on a full-time basis in an exempt position.
- Student members may not vote or hold elected office in the Chapter.
- Student membership dues are $49 annually.
- *Students must provide proof of enrollment to join and/or renew. To apply for student membership, please submit one of the following: proof of enrollment, tuition receipt, class schedule, student ID. All student member renewals must be processed through the SHRM-Atlanta Office. To submit proof of enrollment and/or to renew, please call 404-442-7335 or send via email to email@example.com.
JOIN SHRM-ATLANTA NOW
Chapter membership is on an individual basis only and not transferable from one individual to another. Membership in other SHRM-affiliated chapters is not transferable to SHRM-Atlanta. Chapter membership is contingent on the timely payment of annual dues. Annual dues are non-refundable. Membership expires 12 or 24 months from the date of activation and is renewable yearly on/or before the member's anniversary date. Dual membership in SHRM-National is encouraged.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Yearly Auto Renew/ Monthly Membership work?
To enroll in either of these membership options you must pay via credit card or ACH and SHRM-Atlanta will continue your membership as long as you wish without interruption, unless you tell us otherwise. We will simply charge your credit card at the dues rate then in effect on your current expiration date. Should terms or rates change, we will notify you at least 30 days in advance. If we cannot charge your credit card we will send you a bill for your dues.
What is auto renew?
Auto renew is the easiest way to renew your membership with SHRM-Atlanta. SHRM-Atlanta will continue to automatically renew your membership at the prevailing member dues with your credit card or ACH transaction. Enrollment in the Auto Renew program is ongoing until the member notifies SHRM-Atlanta to opt out of the auto renew program.
What is the benefit of Yearly Auto Renewal?
Maximum convenience to you – your membership benefits will never lapse! You’ll also automatically receive a discounted price of $139 yearly for being part of the yearly auto renewal program.
What are the eligible payment methods for auto renewal/monthly membership?
In order to be enrolled in either program you must pay with a credit card or ACH transaction.
When will I be billed for Auto Renew/Monthly Membership?
On the day of your current membership expiration. To see when that is log-in to your SHRM-Atlanta profile here: https://www.shrmatlanta.org/login.aspx
If I choose the Monthly Membership, do I have to login each month and pay, or is that automatically charged?
The Monthly Membership is also auto-renew and will be charged to the credit card/ACH on file.
What if I just want to send in a check?
Your membership dues will be $149 annually and we will send you invoice reminders via email and mail. If you're not a member yet please complete the member application and send in with your payment.
Can I opt out? How do I opt out?
Certainly, simply log-into your SHRM-Atlanta account and delete the invoice via your member profile at least 5 days before your current expiration date. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days before your expiration date. You’ll still retain all your member benefits until your current membership expires.
What if I no longer want to be a member?
We’ll be sad to see you go, but it’s easy to cancel your auto-renew payment by logging into your SHRM-Atlanta account and deleting the next invoice. To ensure you’re not charged you will want to do this at least five days before your expiration date. Or email us at email@example.com at least 30 days before your expiration date. You’ll still retain all your member benefits until your current membership expires.
What are the steps to cancel the next Auto Renewal Statement?
If I join SHRM-Atlanta, am I also joining SHRM (the national organization)?
Although SHRM-Atlanta and SHRM are affiliated, SHRM-Atlanta is independently operated and a separate organization. Membership in SHRM-Atlanta and SHRM are separate, and independent of one another. Dues for SHRM-Atlanta are not included with your national membership and vice versa. Click here to learn about the unique benefits of each.