Earning your HR certification makes you a recognized expert and leader in the field of HR, and a valuable asset to your organization. SHRM-Atlanta's comprehensive
review courses prepare you to sit for HR certification exams.
Our courses offer participants a full classroom experience with individual advice and direction from the instructor, as well as study-group opportunities.
"This course provided real world experiences in HR along with key industry insights. Highly recommend!"
Upcoming Course Dates:
February 18 - May 20, 2021
Wondering if certification is right for you?
Attend one of our information sessions to learn more about the HR Certification process, our Exam Preparation Course, and how SHRM-Atlanta can lend support to your professional journey towards advancement. We will cover FAQ's, exam eligibility, course scheduling and expectations, learning tools, and the testing experience.
View Upcoming Live Webinars Watch Our Latest Webinar Recording
The curriculum provided in the 2021 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Here's what you get when you take our prep course:
- An engaging expert instructor, offering real world advice and answers to your questions
- A structured learning environment to keep you on track
- The full print/online version of the 2021 SHRM Learning System, including quick-start videos, practice questions, flashcards and more (retail: $1,075)
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A cohort of your HR peers which provides study group support
- Information on how to request employer reimbursement
- Up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only
**Our courses were scored 9 out of 10 by SHRM-Atlanta students in Course Organization, Relatability of Instructor, and Application of Learning Materials!
"Don't be foolish, like yours truly, and wait until something hits the fan before deciding to get certified. Learn from my error of fighting the certification trend for 20+ years. In late 2011, I found myself RIF'd from a job/company I loved. Within weeks I found myself as a finalist for several positions only to be given feedback that I wasn't selected because the other finalist was certified and I was not. I bit the bullet, took a certification preparation course and passed the exam on the first try. Get your certification NOW!"
Dr. José A. De La Cruz, J.D. SHRM-SCP, SPHR | HR Lead & Director - Eastern Region, Travelers Insurance
"When I moved here I had years of HR experience in Global European companies overseas but none in the USA. I was convinced that being certified would help me and I chose SHRM because they offer more opportunities to stay connected and informed ; I knew such a strong community and countless resources would help me to recertify easily in the long run. As an ESL student, you might feel like it is impossible to pass the exam or that you will always be behind someone whose native language is English but believe me, you can definitely do it!"
Didem Cohen, SHRM-SCP | HR Manager, ORTEC USA
Benefits To You
When it comes to the value of earning HR credentials, certified SHRM professionals reported:
An average salary increase of more than $17,000 for SHRM-SCP and $5,500 for SHRM-CP
Enhanced credibility as an HR expert
- Confidence in my decision-making skills
Greater job satisfaction and opportunity for promotion
Becoming more competitive in my field
Benefits To Your Employer
Certification benefits your entire organization:
- Demonstrates that I have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies
- Prepares me to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of my organization
- Brings new ideas to my company that will help drive success
- Creates a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness
- Lends world-wide relevance to my organization
Download a PDF to share with your boss
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
Advance your career
Even if you're not interested in certification but want to improve your HR skills, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core behavior and technical competencies and increase productivity in the workplace.
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Eligibility Chart
||Less than a Bachelor's Degree*
||3 years in HR role
||4 years in HR role
||1 years in HR role
||2 years in HR role
||Currently in HR role
||1 years in HR role
||6 years in HR role
||7 years in HR role
||4 years in HR role
||5 years in HR role
||3 years in HR role
||4 years in HR role
*Less than a bachelor's degree includes working toward a bachelor's degree; associate's degree; some college; qualifying HR certificate program; high school diploma; or GED.
Upcoming Virtual Spring Class: February 18 - May 20, 2021
View Course Details + Pricing
SHRM-Atlanta also offers Scholarships for our Certification Prep Course. Visit shrmatlanta.org/scholarships to
You can now bundle the discounted SHRM Certification exam fee into your prep course registration!
Pre-purchase an (optional) special rate voucher to sit for either the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP in the upcoming testing window. Add the "Testing Bundle" to your certification prep course registration and save up to $130 on your exam fee!
Exams are not proctored by SHRM-Atlanta
- Exams must be scheduled separately with Prometric Testing - Instructions provided at prep course orientation
Applicable in SHRM's Spring 2021 Testing Window ONLY
- Scheduled exams may be shifted to a future testing window under special circumstances - contact email@example.com for assistance
SHRM Exam Eligibility Assumed
- Candidates must still apply for the exam online (with voucher) at SHRM.org
- Uncertain of your eligibility? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
Cancellation Not Permitted
- Testing date transfers available through Prometric Testing and/or SHRM National only
- Partial refunds available to ineligible testing candidates only - special circumstances apply, application fees are non-refundable
Exam fee purchase through SHRM-Atlanta does not guarantee eligibility / testing approval or complete the exam registration process
- Exam application must also be completed online at SHRM.org and approved by SHRM National
- Specific date, time, and proctoring method (in-person at a testing center or online) must also be scheduled online at prometric.com/shrm
Testing Bundle Special Rate: $270
- Special price applies when purchased through SHRM-Atlanta, a SHRM Education Partner (Compare at $300 - $400 standard online registration)
2021 SHRM-CP® and SHRM-SCP® Exam Schedule
||Application Acceptance Begins
||Late Application Deadline*
||May 1, 2021 – July 15, 2021
||December 1, 2021 – February 15, 2022
See the Exam Application Process >
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to some of the most common questions, like exam windows, recertification, eligibility and more. (Important note: The “Payments & Refunds” section in the SHRM FAQ link above contains information that may not be applicable to SHRM-Atlanta. Please verify all financial details with a SHRM-Atlanta representative.)
Download a Certification Handbook
The information in the handbook will provide you with an overview of the certifications, outline certification policies and procedures, and describe the steps you must take to earn and maintain your credential.
FREE Online Demo of Learning System
This demo will provide you with sample portions of the text, practice tests, and other features that are designed to optimize your learning experience as you prepare for your SHRM certification exam.
The SHRM Foundation awards nearly $500,000 in scholarships each year, with academic and certification scholarships now open to any eligible SHRM member: student or professional.
Download SHRM BoCK
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) is the basis for the SHRM credentials. The SHRM BoCK describes the behavioral competencies and HR knowledge which HR professionals need for effective job performance.+